＜ACARA 2018＞ by AUA Association
AUA is holding ACARA 2018 and calling for entries from all students who are studying architecture design in Asia, aiming to provide high-quality education in architecture by stimulating a creative will and a competitive spirit of goodwill.
It will be a good opportunity to bring out your potential ability and to improve your ability of architectural design.
Date: 1~3 November, 2018
Venue: Yuan Ze University, Taipei, Taiwan
Registration deadline: 30 September, 2018
Submission deadline: See below SUBMISSION AND SELECTION PROCEDURE 3.
Contest Topic: All types of habitation including single house and collective housing
Prizes: First Prize: 1,000 USD + certificate and plaque, Two Second Prizes: 250USD each + certificate and plaque
Entrants are free to submit any projects relevant to the program of "habitation". The project can be a single house or a collective housing. Although any types of projects are accepted, we are especially interested in projects that strongly reflect cultural and historical contexts in Asia or have relevance to contemporary life, urban space or technologies.
SUBMISSION AND SELECTION PROCEDURE
- The contest is open to architecture students at undergraduate and graduate levels except for final-year students as of November 2018, enrolled in universities in Asian countries and regions.
- Entries to the contest must be original works that have not been previously published or submitted to any other competitions.
- Entries must be individual works. Collective works are not allowed to submit.
- Entries can be a project made as a coursework at universities or any personal work.
- The official language of the contest is English.
- All entrants agree to allow the organizer to use their names and the images of their entries for the purpose of publication.
- All entrants must be registered as a student member of Asia United Architecture Association. For the detailed information, see the MEMBERS page at http://www.aua.world/members.html
- There are no registration fees.
- Participants must send an entry form to AUA first.
Send the entry form to Mr.Hayashi, head of international relationship of AUA. : email@example.com
The entry form can be downloaded here:
・ACARA 2018 Entry Form (PDF)
・ACARA 2018 Entry Form (MS-Word)
- Upon completing your entry, submit your project to AUA. The following document is required:
Four A3 boards in PDF (29.7cm x 42.0cm, either in landscape or portrait format)
Entry must include your name, school name, and country name on the board. The file size must be no more than 20 MB.
- For participants from Japan, China, India, Vietnam and Taiwan, the submission deadline is set according to the regulations of each domestic contest.
Participants from other countries must, after registration, submit projects to AUA by the end of September.
- AUA jury committee will select representative students from each country. And the domestic contest in each country will be held with these student’s works. But it differs by countries. Check it in AUA website.
Representative students will be invited to the open jury which will be held in Taiwan in November 1~3.